October 27, 2010
About 200 experts are gathered in the Charlemagne building of the EU Commission to discuss, share experience and best practice on “the development of nanotechnologies in and from Europe for more societal benefits”.
In the framework of the ongoing work of the High-Level Expert Group on Key Enabling Technologies (KETs), this Open Day is meant to consult a broad stakeholder audience on the needs and challenges of the sector, contributing to the development of appropriate policy measures to promote the industrial deployment of KETs.
Attendees include a number of leading figures and all essential partners for the successful deployment of nanotechnologies in Europe:
- European Commission representatives
- Member States representatives
- Various industries such as solar, wind, automotive, nano-electronics, construction, ICT
- Investment and insurance companies
- Experts in technology acceptance
The debate is moderated by Gernot Klotz, Head of Cefic Research & Innovation and chair of the Nano working group of the High Level Group on KETs.
More details on the HLG KET website.Author : innovationpartnerships